Common Kitchen Remodeling Questions
What’s the difference between a kitchen remodel and a kitchen renovation?
Generally, the difference between kitchen remodeling and a kitchen renovation is that a remodel alters the structure or layout of your kitchen, whereas a renovation is simply upgrading your kitchen, for example, by updating your countertop material, adding a backslash, or refinishing your cabinets. You might be interested in our Kitchen Countertops Remodel Considerations.
How long does a kitchen remodeling project typically take from start to finish?
Finishing a kitchen remodel depends on your remodeling project’s size and goals. Once we understand what work you want done we can provide you with a detailed time and cost estimate. Each kitchen is unique, and we will cater our kitchen remodel to your exact specifications. As a rule, a simple renovation project for a small kitchen, such as a replacing countertops, can take as few as 1 to 2 days, whereas a complex kitchen renovation where we replace floors, cabinets, countertops, backsplashes, painting, etc., can take up to 45 days. Planning your kitchen remodel is a task that requires planning and professional help can ease the homeowners mind about this process. Read Plan Your Kitchen Remodel for more helpful tips and expert advice.
What should I budget for a Kitchen Remodel?
Each kitchen remodel project is unique and the costs will depend greatly upon the design, materials, and complexity of the project. Star Home Remodeling is very up-front about prices. We are happy to give a price estimate based on your project specifications. Call us at (972) 954-2476 or fill out our after-hours contact form to schedule an appointment. Here are some tips for budgeting for your kitchen remodel. You might also enjoy: Kitchen Remodels And House Prices: A Study.
What is the typical process for a complete kitchen remodel?
- The Design Process – The first step in the kitchen remodel process is to help you plan your ideal kitchen. Often this will include a hands-on session where you can see, touch, and select the various countertop and cabinet materials that are best for you.
- Scope of Work & Work Agreement – Once we have designed a kitchen that you love, we will write out a scope of work that details everything involved in making that kitchen a reality. This includes the price of your new kitchen, our start date, and what our timeframe is to complete the job.
- Ordering the Materials – After we have agreed upon the work, it’s time for us to order the materials we need to complete your custom kitchen remodel. We order the custom cabinets, countertops, backsplash, or flooring that you selected in the design process.
- Doing the Work – Once we have the materials we need, we will begin your kitchen remodel! Depending on the complexity of your kitchen remodel project, this can take anywhere from 1 to 2 days up to 30 to 45 days.
- Cleanup and Final Touches – Once your remodel is complete, we will remove all of our tools and equipment and clean up the kitchen area, leaving you to enjoy the kitchen of your dreams!
If you are interested in learning more about our kitchen remodeling process, you can call us at: (972) 954-2476 or fill out our after-hours form to schedule an appointment.
What type of return on investment can I expect from remodeling my kitchen if I sell my home?
If you sell your home, you can expect a large return on your kitchen remodeling investment. A well-designed kitchen is an attractive feature for a house and can increase its value and desirability. It is not uncommon for you to recuperate the cost of your kitchen remodel when you sell your home.
Do I need to have design ideas before I start the kitchen remodel process?
The first step to begin your kitchen remodel process is simply to pick up the phone and call us for a free consultation! If you already have a kitchen design in mind, then great! If not, don’t worry! We can walk you through each step of the kitchen remodel process, including budget, materials, design, & execution.
Can TSD Center help us design our new kitchen?
Absolutely! TSD Center works closely with each customer to help them realize the kitchen of their dreams. We can plan your kitchen renovation or remodel to your exact specifications or to fit your budget. At TSD Center we use advanced 3D-modeling software, when appropriate, to lay out your kitchen remodel so that you can visual in advance what you new kitchen will look like, and make adjustments.
Can you help me select the best countertop material?
Absolutely! Our goal is to help you realize your ideal kitchen for your price range. We are happy to go over our different material options with you, their estimated costs, and to help you choose the countertops that are best for you, whether that is marble, granite, quartz, or another material.
Can I buy the materials I need for my kitchen remodel directly from TSD Center?
TSD Center partners with industry leading suppliers to provide you with competitive material pricing for your project. Although TSD Center does not sell material directly, we can procure all the materials you will need for the project on your behalf. Our goal is to make your kitchen remodel as painless as possible.
What do I need to do to prepare for my kitchen renovation?
Before we begin your kitchen renovation TSD Center will provide you with detailed instructions specific to your project. Generally, your preparation will depend on the scope of the work and what we are doing, but usually your preparation includes clearing your kitchen counters and cabinets and providing a clean area for our crew to work. Read our Kitchen Renovation and Remodel Checklist. Please keep in mind that during the renovation your kitchen will be mostly inaccessible.
Ready to make an investment in your Home? Contact us today! (972) 618-2906